I’ve occupied many roles in web design, including designer, front-end developer, CMS developer, team leader and project manager. However user-interface design and front-end development remain my core skills and that which I most enjoy.
In every project I focus on clear purpose, clarity of design and strong utility. Whether the project is corporate clean, or highly artistic and textured, I apply my high standards of craftsmanship equally.
For a detailed look at my experience, please take a look at my career.
- Collaborating with UX designers, in both waterfall and agile environments
- User Interface (UI) design: features and functionality, interaction design, look and feel
- Long experience in visual design software, including over 20 years in PhotoShop, and more recently Sketch and Affinity Designer
- Familiar with prototyping software including Axure, InVision and Figma
- Designing in the browser using HTML/CSS
- 20 years experience writing HTML and CSS to high standards of utility and accessibility
- Excellent knowledge of BEM, OOCSS and other front-end coding methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of Sass
- Familiar with workflow tools such as Gulp, Grunt, Prepros and Codekit
- Good knowledge of Git version control and the telling a story approach to writing commits
- Experienced in Craft CMS
- Experienced in WordPress